Minggu, Mei 18, 2014

Penggunaan Preposisi With, Over, dan By

"Tulisan berikut adalah copy paste dari http://www.caramudahbelajarbahasainggris.net"

Penggunaan preposisi with, over, dan by

With
  1. Digunakan untuk menunjukkan kebersamaan atau terlibat di dalam sesuatu
    Contoh:
    • I ordered a sandwich with a drink.
    • He was with his friend when he saw me.
    • She has been working with her sister at the nail shop.
    • The manager will be with you shortly.
  2. Digunakan untuk menunjukkan “memiliki”
    Contoh:
    • I met a guy with green eyes.
    • Were you the one talking with an accent?
    • People with a lot of money are not always happy.
  3. Digunakan untuk menunjukkan “menggunakan”
    Contoh:
    • I wrote a letter with the pen you gave me.
    • This is the soup that I made with rice and barley.
    • He cut my hair with his gold scissors.
  4. Digunakan untuk menunjukkan perasaan
    Contoh:
    • I am emailing you with my sincere apology.
    • He came to the front stage with confidence.
  5. Digunakan untuk menunjukkan kesepakatan atau pemahaman
    Contoh:
    • Are you with me?
    • Yes, I am completely with you.
    • She agrees with me.
Over
  1. Digunakan untuk menunjukkan perpindahan dari satu tempat ke tempat lain
    Contoh:
    • Come over to my house for dinner sometime.
    • Could you roll over?
    • They sent over a gift for his promotion.
  2. Digunakan untuk menunjukkan gerakan ke bawah
    Contoh:
    • The big tree fell over on the road.
    • Can you bend over and get the dish for me?
    • He pushed it over the edge.
  3. Digunakan untuk menunjukkan lebih dari jumlah yang diharapkan atau jumlah
    Contoh:
    • This amount is over our prediction.
    • Kids twelve and over can watch this movie.
    • The phone rang for over a minute.
  4. Digunakan untuk menunjukkan suatu periode waktu
    Contoh:
    • I worked there over a year.
    • She did not sleep there over this past month.
By
  1. Digunakan untuk menunjukkan kedekatan
    Contoh:
    • Can I sit by you?
    • He was standing by me.
    • The post office is by the bank.
  2. Digunakan untuk menunjukkan orang yang melakukan sesuatu dalam kalimat pasif
    Contoh:
    • The microwave was fixed by the mechanic.
    • The flowers were delivered by a postman.
    • The branch office was closed by the head office.
  3. Digunakan untuk menunjukkan suatu tindakan dengan tujuan tertentu
    Contoh:
    • You can pass the exam by preparing for it
    • I expressed my feeling toward her by writing a letter.
    • She finally broke the record by pure effort.
  4. Digunakan untuk menunjukkan rata-rata atau metode
    Contoh:
    • Please send this package to Russia by airmail.
    • I came here by subway.

Terima kasih www.caramudahbelajarbahasainggris.net, semoga bermanfaat... : )

0 komentar: